Like many of our clients, we’re experiencing exciting opportunities to grow our business. We’ve spent the last several years expanding into Western Canada and Ontario with the opening of our Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto offices. We’ve partnered with many dynamic, successful businesses across Canada, funding over $157 million since 2010.
The next phase of growth for First West Capital includes a focus on enhancing our team’s capacity and expertise. This will help us better serve our clients and partners, as well as provide opportunities for the professional development of our team. We’re very proud of our talented and dedicated staff, and we’re pleased to announce a few notable changes:
- Kristi Miller has been appointed National Managing Director. Kristi co-founded First West Capital in 2010 and previously held the position of Vice President.
- Sarah Lloyd will serve as our new Director of Operations, effective May 2017. Sarah has been with First West Capital for over six years and previously held the role of Associate Director.
- Amrit Minhas has been promoted to Associate Director. Amrit has been with First West Capital for four years and previously held the role of Senior Associate.
- Greg Smith has been promoted to Senior Associate. Greg has been with First West Capital for two years and previously held the role of Associate.
- Shifei Li is joining us as an Associate in April 2017, to be located in the Vancouver office.
“We believe the strength of our team differentiates First West Capital. Creating valuable partnerships with clients requires financial sophistication, flexibility and creativity – and most importantly, a genuine interest in their business. The promotions across the team are well-deserved and will continue to benefit clients as they grow, acquire and transition,” shared Jim Lamond, SVP of Credit, First West Credit Union.
We look forward to expanding our partnerships with the mid-market in Canada and continuing to grow our team in 2017 and beyond.