Reposted from Deloitte.com The Technology Fast 50 program celebrates the world-class achievements of Canadian technology companies, highlighting their commitment to innovation, leadership, and rapid revenue growth over the previous four years.
This year, winners are headquartered across the country and vary both in size and industry, including financial services, automotive, tech-enabled food and beverage services, and manufacturing. The average revenue growth rate of the 2018 Fast 50 winners is an impressive 2,124 percent.
British Columbia takes top spot
Vanrx Pharmasystems, a BC-based company, takes the number one spot in the 2018 Fast 50 winners list, boasting an average three-year growth revenue of 19,342 percent. Mojio, also based in BC, follows in second place with an average three-year growth rate of 11,950 percent, while Quebec-based COLO-D takes third, with an average three-year growth rate of 10,942 percent. Fifteen early-stage companies were also named in the Companies-to-Watch category for their disruptive innovation and potential for continued growth.
Celebrating success x 3
Three companies achieved an impressive triple-award win this year: Prodigy Game, TouchBistro, and Index Exchange all took a spot on Canada’s Technology Fast 50 and the North American Fast 500 rankings, in addition to being honoured with a Leadership award for their deep commitment to innovation and advancement within the industry.
Strengthening the global footprint
This year’s cohort of Canadian technology companies also performed well in the North American Fast 500 ranking, with 81 securing a spot on the list. Up by 16 percent from last year, this trend reflects the consistent growth and achievement in Canada’s technology industry. Technology Fast 50 is more than an award…
- It’s a community that fosters dialogue on the current issues and challenges facing the industry as well as best practices, ideas, and possible solutions.
- It’s a supportive community that focuses on providing mentorship among industry peers.
- It’s a program that plays a key role in Canada’s technology landscape by helping tech companies in all industries improve their business processes, achieve cost efficiencies, drive revenue growth, and maintain their competitive edge in the marketplace.
About Technology Fast 50
The Technology Fast 50™ program celebrates innovation, rapid revenue growth, and entrepreneurial spirit. Awards are presented in categories that define and characterize the unique strengths of the Canadian technology industry. Winners include both public and private companies in a variety of industry sub-sectors, including hardware, software, telecommunications, emerging technology, and digital media.
The program features three components:
- Technology Fast 50™ ranking
- Companies-to-Watch Awards
- Technology Fast 50™ Leadership Awards