You’re a growing mid-market business but your senior lender can’t meet all your financing needs, and you don’t want to give up too much equity. We have a solution for that. We’re on a mission to give businesses like you access to junior capital.
- The First West Capital client fit Earlier this year, First West Capital's Associate Director, Jason Sellakumar, received a call from a commercial banker who had a client looking to acquire a business. With the equity put up by the entrepreneur, there was still a gap in capital needed between what the bank could loan, vendor financing, and the purchase price of… Learn More
- The art of the pivot: How successful businesses have turned challenge into opportunity You’ve spent years, and countless hours, building your business and this is finally going to be your year. If you’re an entrepreneur, you may be very familiar with this turning point. Early in the first quarter of 2020, this is how First West Capital client Dominik Desbois was feeling about his Metro Vancouver business Spin Society. "We started the… Learn More
- Steve Chen: How 2020 brought out our collective resilience and helped us to harness the power of positivity While we continue to move through this pandemic together, there is still an element of optimism for the new year, a symbol of a fresh start. Both personally and professionally, reflecting on this past year is a great way to recognize progress and identify future growth opportunities. This year in particular, it has felt like a torrent of information is coming at us at all times – sometimes more than is possible to digest. From podcasts, to social media feeds, to political updates… Learn More
- Our seven must-read books for entrepreneurs Whether you want to hone your business strategies, uncover new leadership tactics, dive into the world of financial jargon or simply top up your professional development library, these books will help to fill your entrepreneurial bucket and keep you at the top of your game. As an entrepreneur, we recognize how easy it can be… Learn More
- Leadership in uncertain times Since the outbreak of the global pandemic there has been an increasing call for authenticity, communication, and trust from companies. This year has revealed that strong leadership is essential, not only for growth, but for survival. The pandemic has highlighted how managing through times of uncertainty and rapid change is the defining factor in a… Learn More
We’re proud to partner with the best and brightest Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses across a wide variety of industries.
Businesses like you
Growth for the right reasons
Encore partners with First West Capital for the second time to fund newest acquisition.Read more
Successful financing solution results in growth for innovative backcountry company G3
Growth is a good challenge to have – but only if you have the right financing in place.Read more