You’re a growing mid-market business but your senior lender can’t meet all your financing needs, and you don’t want to give up too much equity. We have a solution for that. We’re on a mission to give businesses like you access to junior capital.
- Reminiscing on the last 10 years We are celebrating 10 years of working with entrepreneurs and business owners to bring their vision to fruition. It has been an exciting time for our team! Join us as we share some of our biggest milestones over the last decade. Download the full PDF or view below. Learn More
- As featured in The Globe and Mail: How to get your business in shape for financing Is your business ready for financing? In our third article produced in partnership with The Globe and Mail, we share advice for entrepreneurs looking to finance their business – a daunting process, especially for first-timers. As your business grows, there comes a point where bootstrapping isn't enough. For many business owners, attracting capital to help… Learn More
- As featured in The Globe and Mail: How to sell your business in a crowded market Are you looking to sell your business? We're excited to share our second article in partnership with The Globe and Mail, with some tips to consider when looking to sell your business in a crowded market. Over the next decade, buyers will see their bargaining power increase as retiring baby boomers seek to exit and… Learn More
- As featured in The Globe and Mail: Tips for buying out the business you work for Thinking about buying the business you currently work for? Depending on the type of business, it can be a long and arduous process. Planning and preparation are key drivers when it comes to being a successful buyer. Uncover how to face the buying process head-on in our article: Tips for buying out the business you… Learn More
- The First West Capital client fit Earlier this year, First West Capital's Associate Director, Jason Sellakumar, received a call from a commercial banker who had a client looking to acquire a business. With the equity put up by the entrepreneur, there was still a gap in capital needed between what the bank could loan, vendor financing, and the purchase price of… Learn More
We’re proud to partner with the best and brightest Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses across a wide variety of industries.
Businesses like you
Growth for the right reasons
Encore partners with First West Capital for the second time to fund newest acquisition.Read more
Successful financing solution results in growth for innovative backcountry company G3
Growth is a good challenge to have – but only if you have the right financing in place.Read more